Aconite which is also known as Aconitum Napellus, is a common medication used in homeopathy. The doctors advise it of homeopathy for acute conditions such as anxiety, vertigo, vomiting, fever, and more (the detail discussed later in the article).
Where it comes from? – Aconitum Napellus
This medication is traditionally used as a hunting poison. It is obtained from a poisonous plant. It is why the nature of this herb is toxic. If you are in direct connection with this herb, then you should handle it with care. However, in homeopathy, it is used in medication in amounts only necessary for treatment.
Some other names are also linked to this medication, such as wolf’s bane, monkshood, and also known as leopard’s bane. It is obtained from the plant that grows in the mountains and opens high meadows. The flower of this plant is purple and has a hooded characteristic.
It is a highly toxic herb that is quite dangerous for humans if they inject it directly. If a person injects it directly in raw form (not in combination with other medication), it may cause cardiac arrhythmias. It will also cause some gastrointestinal symptoms and neuromuscular dysfunction. It can also cause death if you eat it.
In Homeopathy Aconitum Napellus
Aconite has been used as a medicine for a long time. It has roots in homeopathy for a long time now. It was first used by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was the German physician who created homeopathy. Aconite has been used ever since with good results for various conditions. Many experts have now used it all across the globe for treating several conditions.
When to Use Aconite
If a person has the following symptoms, they must be given Aconite from the Homeopathic medicine line.
- If a person is easily startled
- If a person feels tremendous anxiety and a similar condition
- It is also good for those who have a fear of impending death
- This homeopathic medication is also good for vertigo
- If you have a sudden loss of memory, getting this medication from homeopathic experts can help you get back the memory
- If you have an acute headache and also feel jerking pains with it, then taking this medication will get rid of that pain
- It is also good in situations where the patient gets an immediate dilation of pupils and photophobia
- It is also good for the stitching pains in several parts of the body
- Aconite can also be advised when there is sudden vomiting
- It is also good and effective for relieving pain in the chest or if a patient feels heaviness in the chest
- This medicine is also good for weakness in combination with some other homeopathic medicines
- It helps get rid of trembling
- Using this medication can also help improve sleeping patterns
- If a patient is shivering and feels severe chills, he can take Aconite
- It is also helpful in fever with cold
If a patient has these symptoms, he can be treated with Aconite. Of course, self-medication is not advised.
Aconite In Homeopathic Practice
Aconitum Napellus or Aconite is mainly used in homeopathy for treating a sudden high fever with chills. If a patient has a fever around midnight and is fine during the day, Aconite is good medicine.
It happens mostly in children. They get a fever with stitching pains and are feeling chill. When a child screams with pain and has a fever at midnight, there may not be time to rush to the doctor. His fever of 103 degrees F and pain in the ear is a case of quick action. You might want to call the doctor instead of going to him in the middle of the night.
Most of the time, the doctor will respond to the call by telling you to give the child a dose of Aconitum Napellus. So, it is good medicine to have in your home. The best part of homeopathic medicine is that it has a long life as compared to allopathic medicine.
Used in Chronic Case – Aconitum Napellus
Although, Aconite is a highly recommend medicine in acute cases, sometimes it is also advised during chronic stages of a disease. You can say that 90% of the use of Aconite is in acute conditions.
An Example of a Chronic Case – Aconitum Napellus
An example of a chronic case can be a man who is 55-year-old and has anxiety attacks and recurrent panic attacks. The thought of sudden death consumed the man. When the man was questioned, he told that he had this problem for several years now.
The older man told that he fell from height when he was young and hurt his head on the backside. He also said that he could not breathe at that time. When he woke up, he started having panic attacks. Also, he said that he never had panic attacks before that event.
The doctor gave him a 1 M Aconite dose for one month, and the panic attacks stopped happening. So, now whenever you go to a homeopathic doctor, get an extra dose of Aconite. You can use it for emergencies like fever and anxiety disorder. It is always good to have medicine available at home, but make sure that you ask a doctor before giving it to the patient.
Aconite is a useful medication. Here are a few conditions to which Aconite will respond positively and treat the condition in less time. It means that Aconite will work and give results in these medical conditions.
- If a person has viral syndromes, he can take Aconite, which will give good results
- It also helps with Otitis Media
- If a person has an upper respiratory infection, he or she can take this medication, and it will prove good
- Aconite also responds well to croup
- Aconite also responds well Acute gastroenteritis
- In some situations, it also works better when you have a toothache
- It is a good medication for migraine headache
- It works fine for anxiety disorder with panic features
- It also responds well to kidney stones
Most of the time, Aconite gives good results in acute conditions. The patient starts to feel good in one or two hours of taking this homeopathic medicine. Many other homeopathic medicines also have the same features, such as Aconite. These medicines are Belladonna, Nux vomica, Arnica montana, Chamomilla, Arsenicum album, and Argentum nitricum.